karibu

aisha

printers

classic

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Lana Parrilla Interview: The Evil Queen from "Once Upon A Time" Shares Beauty and Diet Tips

Forget the Poison Apple. We Talk Carbs, Great Hair, and New Season Plot Secrets

Lana ParrillaSource: Getty Images
She plays the Evil Queen on "Once Upon a Time," but in real life Lana Parrilla is a world-class beauty with simple tips. 

Once upon a time you meet an Evil Queen who eats carbs.
It's true that the amazing Lana Parrilla who plays Regina/the Evil Queen on the hit ABC show "Once Upon a Time," returning this Sunday, isn't just living on apples – poison or otherwise.
I feel so much better about the toast I ate for breakfast when Lana says, "I had a sandwich today made with great Italian bread. I don't eat a lot of bad stuff, but I do eat my carbs."
It turns out you need a lot of energy to be an evil queen.
She calls me today from the Vancouver set where fans have gathered in mass to catch a glimpse of their favorite Storybrook characters while they film a scene.
"We're one of the few shows where fans travel from all over the world just to try to see us on our set. Our fans are so loyal and that makes me proud," says the beautiful Lana.
It follows that I had to ask her about her amazing skin, diet tips, and that great haircut.
Lana was happy to give my midlifer self a few of her best beauty tips.
Q: First of all, you're the prettiest Evil Queen in a long time. What do you do to stay in such great shape?
Lana: "I do workout as much as I can. I was skin and bones growing up and people thought that something was wrong with me. When I was a little girl, you could see my ribs. I guess I just have a fast metabolism. Being Puerto Rican, there are a lot of voluptuous women in my family. I'm just different….. Still, I go to the gym, but I'm like everyone else in that getting to the gym is a little harder when I'm working as much as I am."
Q: What are your favorite skin care secrets?
A: "I really like to use rose and coconut oils on my skin. I take good care of my skin. My parents always looked much younger than their ages, so I guess I'm lucky to inherit such good genes. A big part of skin care is eating good, natural foods. I don't eat a lot of what I call crap. But I don't deprive myself. Like I said, I'll have some great bread. I'll eat rice. I eat dessert often."
Q: You're on TV and eat dessert? Can you put a magic spell on those calories?
A (Laughing): "I do have a sweet tooth. A horrible one!"
Q: You have such pretty hair. Any products that are favorites?
A: "I really like Oribe hair products. They smell amazing. They also remind me of my character Regina because I was using Oribe when I filmed the pilot of 'Once Upon a Time.'"
Q: Can you give us a few plot secrets from the new season? When we last left Regina, the evil curse on the town of Storybrook had been lifted. And the entire town was pretty peeved with your Evil Queen who started the curse. Your adopted son Henry was also ready to bolt your home.
A: "The townspeople pretty ticked at Regina. They're after her. It's endless. They were actually after her in fairy tale land and now she's dealing with it again. There is a good reason for this. This season is really about her dealing with the townspeople and her power struggle with Mr. Gold. We also really focus on her relationship with her son Henry. It's redemption time…. Henry hasn't written her off. He is struggling because it's about what his mom has done to everyone, but what she has done to him. He feels betrayal from her. She led the entire town to think that he was crazy and that he needed therapy. Any parent who lets everyone think their child is crazy knows this is one of the worst thing you could do to a child."
Q: "Once Upon a Time" is one of those shows you can't turn off. Do you have another show that you feel the same way about that's about to debut this season?
A: "I love the ladies on 'Revenge.' I'm bad on 'Once Upon A Time' as the Evil Queen, but those ladies on 'Revenge' are very bad, too. I won't turn the TV off until that show is over."
Q: You're always dressed stylishly as the Evil Queen. What is your idea of a casual day at home?
A: "My style is very different from the Evil Queen. I love to put on jeans. I do hear, 'You look so different in jeans and with no makeup on.'" 

No comments:

Post a Comment